Spelltorn, Clash of Fates RPG by 2XL Games - Android App Review
Spelltorn, Clash of Fates RPG by 2XL Games - Android App Review. There are some things that are harder to do in our age of instant gratification. One of those is a good role playing game, or RPG. You need a good and interesting story. You need to have good and attractive characters. You need well designed graphics that will help the players immerse themselves in the RPG's world. Finally, you need a sophisticated system of battles, level progression, item gathering and crafting and more.
Enough with the chatter. We would like to introduce the RPG SpellTorn, Clash of Fates by veteran android and apple game maker, 2XL Games.
So, we gave this app to our reviewers with mixed feelings, as not everyone plays games on their android smartphone and even among those that do, many don't like long protracted games. Instant gratification, anyone?
However, we were surprised to find out many of our reviewers did end up playing this game. First and foremost, they loved the graphic. It doesn't give the impression of being high tech CGI animation but more classic animation, as befits a classic roleplaying game.
Others loved the sharing and online abilities of the game that has features of building guilds along with online friends, working together to strengthen the guilds and fighting other guilds on Masara. The online features of the game were a love feature by almost every reviewer.
Last and not least, is the turn based combat which is again not something geared for quick reaction and instant gratification but it forces you to think, plan and carefully use your strengths against the weakness of your enemies, and the continent of Masara has no shortness of enemies ...
- Score: 4.5. A real classic RPG. We only took half a point not because the game was bad, but because less and less people want complex stories and evolving games our days. Their loss.
- Description: An RPG where the player plays a character and builds it and its guild up while it quests over Masara.
- Good Points: Very well exceuted grahics. Branching story. Online sharing and playing. Turn based tactical combat.
- Bad Points: None really, except there is no mode for those who want instant, rapid, real time combat.
- Experience: We were surprised to discover that even reviewers who had no previous experience with RPGs took the time to learn and experience the game.
- Longevity: Long. People did enjoy the game for a long time, trying out different choices to get different story branching.
- Google Play Link