Android Smartphone Review - Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon Wireless)
Android Smartphone Review - Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon Wireless). One of the most advanced cell phones today, the Galaxy S4 is certainly Samsung's current flagship. With its 5 Inch AMOLED touch screen, 13 Megapixel rear camera and 2 Megapixel front camera, 1.9 Gigahertz processor, the Galaxy S4 is certainly one of the best, most advanced and feature rich Android smartphone today.
There was no one of the our reviewers who wasn't impressed with Samsung's Galaxy S4 size, speed and features. The screen's resolution is so high, text and video are crystal clear, and even the slightly older reviewers had no problem watching movies and reading, without having to enlarge fonts or text.
Almost all reviewers said the Verizon version works flawlessly, with no lags as seen in other carrier's phones. The processor and the 2 Gigabyte RAM insure you almost never run out of memory and there's never any need to close running programs.
Some tips: With Verizon, keep in mind you have to pay for the Visual Voicemail, though it was free of charge on other carriers. Also, Verizon offers classes on how to use the S4, which might come in handy for some people. The Galaxy S4 is delicate: One of our reviewers cracked her from a relatively short fall, so make sure you buy a screen protector right away (which also servers to hide the Verizon logo on the back of the device). Make sure you get a fault free device - A very few of our reviewers have received or heard from friends that received faulty devices, from non working motion sensors to non working cameras. In all cases the smartphone was replaced, no questions asked, but it was still irritating.
Conclusion: The Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4 is a superb device and is highly recommended. A great screen, powerful quad processor with 2GB ram, and tons of built in features like scrolling with a gesture or controlling the smartphone with your eyes. However, there are a few problems. Make sure you buy from a place such as Amazon that can easily replace your device if a problem develops (it seems there are a few Galaxy S4 batches with some inherent bugs) and make sure you use the smartphone only with a sturdy screen protector. In addition, be prepared to spend a few hours learning to work the this Samsung mobile phone, INCLUDING reading the manual to be able to unleash all its advanced features.
- Link: Samsung Galaxy S4, Black (Verizon Wireless) Samsung Galaxy S4, White (Verizon Wireless)
- Score: 4.5 out of 5, because of the delicate nature of the smartphone (thin and light apparently have their drawbacks) and because a few faulty phones have been delivered here and there.
- Description: A state of the art five inch smartphone with quad processor, 2 GB RAM, 13 MP rear camera and 2 MP front camera, Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, gesture and eye control features and 16 GB on board storage.
- Good Points:Crystal clear 5 Inch AMOLED screen with full HD display 1080 x 1920, Gesture and eye control features, excellent battery life, full connectivity including NFC and LTE (where available).
- Bad Points: This phone is delicate! Be warned. Buy a case and screen protector immediately. In addition, some faulty batches apparently exist with defective cameras and phones that heat up. Make sure you buy from a place you can get replacement, if needed. Some of the gestures and more advanced features can be difficult to master - they need a few hours of learning time for it to sink in and for the user to use them properly. Check before buying if Verizon Wireless has good coverage in your area.
- Longevity:The S4 isn't out for too long but most if not all reviewers were very satisfied with it. Just be sure you live in an area with good Verizon coverage or you may run into problems using the S4.