Android Smartphone Review - Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sprint)
Android Smartphone Review - Samsung Galaxy S4 (Sprint). One of the most advanced cell phones today, and certainly one of Sprint's leading cellphones, the Galaxy S4 is certainly Samsung's current flagship. With its 5 Inch AMOLED touch screen, 13 Megapixel rear camera and 2 Megapixel front camera, 1.9 Gigahertz processor, the Galaxy S4 is certainly one of the best, most advanced and feature rich Android smartphone today.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 is one of the best and most advanced smartphones today, and Sprint's version is no excpetion. From the great and sharp screen to the lighting fast quad processor to the connectivity options (though make sure you turn off any options like Bluetooth and S Beam and even Smart Screen you are not using at the time to conserve battery life.)
Some tips: Make sure you have good Sprint cellular 4G LTE coverage in your area or you might experience dropped calls and poor data transfer rates. In addition, make sure you understand the terms of the contract with Sprint, as regards data plan and payments. Keep in mind the 14 days phone replacement time window - after that, it may be difficult to get a new replacement phone and you can receive a refurbished (used) phone. Air Gesture and eye tracking are nice but they are battery consuming so make sure you disable them, plus other unnecessary apps to get better battery life. Last but not least, make sure you get a case and a screen protector - this phone is delicate.
Conclusion: The Samsung Galaxy S4 is certainly one of the best mobile phones Sprint offers. The pricing of the Sprint phone, including data and voice plans are certainly competitive, just make sure you live and work in an area with good Sprint 4G LTE coverage. If you do, the Samsung Galaxy S4 is a great smartphone that has so many features and uses you could spend weeks learning everything it can do and it's certainly among the best smartphones existing today.
- Link: Samsung Galaxy S4, Black (Sprint) Samsung Galaxy S4, White (Sprint)
- Score: 4.5 out of 5. The phone itself is great, but Sprint's coverage does not yet reach everyplace and the support, if you happen to need it, leaves something to be desired.
- Description: A state of the art five inch smartphone with quad processor, 2 GB RAM, 13 MP rear camera and 2 MP front camera, Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, gesture and eye control features and 16 GB on board storage.
- Good Points:Crystal clear 5 Inch AMOLED screen with full HD display 1080 x 1920, Gesture and eye control features, excellent battery life, full connectivity including NFC and LTE (where available). There are hardly any features Sprint removed and most if its apps (as well as Sumsung's own) can be hidden away.
- Bad Points: This phone is delicate! Be warned. Buy a case and screen protector immediately. In addition, some faulty batches apparently exist with defective cameras and phones that heat up. Make sure you buy from a place you can get replacement, if needed. Some of the gestures and more advanced features can be difficult to master - they need a few hours of learning time for it to sink in and for the user to use them properly. Check before buying if Sprint has good coverage in your area.
- Longevity:The S4 isn't out for too long but most if not all reviewers were very satisfied with it. Just be sure you live in an area with good Sprint coverage or you may run into problems using the S4 and experience dropped calls.